This crab dip is one of my favorites! It is best served hot, right out of the oven. It can be a bit rich tasting for some folks, but my friends and I like it as a nice treat. Consider pairing it with a mellow white wine.
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
2 Tbsp. cream
2 green onions, finely chopped
2 tsp. white horseradish
1 can (4 ½ ounces) lump crab meat, rinsed and drained
¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter a small, shallow baking dish.
- Mix cream cheese, cream, green onion, and horseradish until well combined. Fold in crab meat.
- Transfer mixture to prepared dish. Smooth top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 20-30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Serve Hot.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- Let the cream cheese soften at room temperature before mixing it with the other ingredients.
- Mix ½ of the grated cheese into the mixture, sprinkle the other ½ on top before baking.
- Add diced green and red peppers as garnish (as shown in picture).
- Serve with cut vegetables, crackers or pita bread.
Yield: 8 servings
Adapted From: http://www.atkins.com