This quick and easy green beans recipe is easily scalable. Allow approximately 4 oz. of fresh green beans per person. The freshly squeezed lemon juice and the fresh parsley make this a refreshingly bright and lively side dish.
1/2 pound fresh thin French green beans or regular green beans
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. finely chopped fresh flat-leafed parsley leaves
1/2 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Wash and dry parsley, then chop.
- Trim regular green beans if using.
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water cook beans until crisp-tender (2 minutes for French green beans, 3 to 4 minutes for regular green beans) and drain in a colander.
- In a bowl, toss beans with lemon juice, parsley, lemon zest, and pepper and season with salt.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- Add olive oil or unsalted butter for an additional layer of flavor
- Add minced garlic for an additional layer of flavor
- Make sure not to over cook the green beans – best cooked al dente
Yield: 2 servings
Adapted From: http://www.epicurious.com