This is a great summertime salad with a kick! When I make it, I feel like I am on a tropical vacation, sitting on the beach under an umbrella…ah, summer!
1 seedless cucumber, washed and cut into 1/2” cubes
1/2 of 1 medium mango, cut into 1/3″ cubes
1/2 cup drained and rinsed black beans
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (1 lime)
2 Tbsp. fresh orange juice (1/2 medium orange)
1 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
1 Tbsp. jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, toss all ingredients.
- Let stand 30 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Serve at room temperature.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- This salad can be prepared the day before and stored (covered) in the refrigerator (bring to room temperature before serving).
- Omit jalapeno pepper is desired.
- Garnish with a lime wedge or an orange slice to add to the tropical feel.
Yield: 4 servings
Adapted From: http://www.atkins.com