This tender broccoli rabe (sometimes called rapini) is enhanced by a quick saute with garlic and oil. Both flavorful and colorful, this vegetable side dish is sure to please the palate and the eyes!
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/4 pounds broccoli rabe (2 bunches), large outer leaves discarded and stems trimmed to 5 inches
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add broccoli rabe, and cook 1 minute.
- Cover; cook, shaking skillet occasionally, until leaves are golden and crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic; cook 1 minute more.
- Season with salt.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- Adding the garlic toward the end keeps it from burning.
Yield: 4 servings
Adapted From: MarthaStewart.com (Martha Stewart Living, September Fall 2004)