Cranberries aren’t just for the holidays anymore! This Cranberry Waldorf Salad has a nice, light dressing and is perfect for a pot luck get together. It will bring some elegance to any buffet, even though it’s so quick and easy!
1 ½ cups chopped cranberries ¼ cup chopped walnuts
1 cup chopped red apple 2 Tbsp. white sugar
1 cup chopped celery ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
1 cup seedless green grapes, halved 8 oz. vanilla yogurt
¼ cup raisins mint leaves to garnish (optional)
- Combine cranberries, apple, celery, grapes, raisins, walnuts, sugar, cinnamon and yogurt.
- Toss to coat.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Stir just before serving.
- Garnish with mint leaves if desired.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- For variety in color, use 1/8 cup golden raisins and 1/8 cup black raisins, to make up the ¼ cup raisins.
- Also garnish with frosted cranberries (wet cranberries and roll them in sugar and then freeze).
Yield: 8 servings
Adapted From: Food.com, referring to Cranberry Cooking for All Seasons, 2002.