This crab salad is a bright and fresh dish which can be served as the highlight of a brunch or an elegant first course for a special get together! The flaky crab adds a sweetness and an interesting texture to the salad.
1 lb. fresh crabmeat; flaked
1/2 cup minced celery
1 tsp. grated onion
1 Tbsp. minced pimento
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
Mayonnaise to taste
2 Tbsp. minced parsley
1/2 seedless cucumber; peeled and thinly sliced
- Combine crab, celery, onion, and pimento in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and lemon juice; toss to mix.
- Add just enough mayonnaise to moisten; mix well.
- Spoon onto bed of lettuce; sprinkle with parsley.
- Garnish with thin slices of cucumber.
- Serve cold.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- Consider peeling the cucumber in strips, so that you leave narrow strips of peel on it – this will look interesting when sliced.
Yield: 4 servings
Adapted From: http://www.agreport365.com