These baked pears are a nice change of pace for a sweet and tasty hot dessert.
6 ripe pears, peeled and halved
¼ cup butter or margarine
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. sugar
¾ tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 cup orange marmalade
- Place pear halves, cut side up, in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish.
- Place butter in center of each; drizzle with lemon juice.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pears.
- Top with marmalade.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 20-30 minutes or until soft.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- The original recipe called for medium-ripe pears. I found that the pears need to be quite ripe to be soft.
- The original recipe called for baking the pears for 15-20 minutes or until soft. Again, I found that longer cooking was required to make them soft enough to enjoy, especially if the pears are not that ripe.
- The original recipe called for ¼ cup marmalade, which I found to be overly sweet. I decreased the marmalade to 1/8 cup.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream on top, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings