This prosciutto-wrapped melon is a refreshing sweet and salty appetizer. Serve either as melon wedge slices or individually wrapped melon bites.
1 melon – about 3 lbs. (cantaloupe, honeydew)
¼ lb. thinly sliced prosciutto (Italian ham)
- Cut melon lengthwise into halves – scoop out seeds and fibers.
- Cut each melon half lengthwise into six wedges, remove rind.
- Cut prosciutto into 1” wide thin strips and wrap around melon.
- Secure with toothpick or push into slit made into melon wedge.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- The original recipe called for laying the prosciutto on top of each melon wedge, and pushing it into slits made in the melon (per the picture shown). I prefer the look of wrapping the melon.
- You may also serve as melon bites, by cutting the melon into bite size pieces and wrapping each piece with prosciutto and securing with a toothpick.
Yield: 12 servings
Adapted From: http://www.bettycrocker.com