Try this turkey sausage breakfast bake at your next brunch or pot luck morning get together. It includes all the favorites of a breakfast buffet in one skillet!
1 pound ground turkey sausage
4 eggs, lightly beaten
4 green onions, finely chopped
1 (16 oz.) package frozen hash brown potatoes
½ cup milk
1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
3 strips of crumbled, cooked bacon as a garnish (optional)
- Place turkey sausage in large, deep skillet and cook over medium-high heat until evenly browned.
- Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together eggs, green onions, hash browns, cheddar cheese and cooked turkey sausage.
- Pour mixture into a 9” x 13” baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes.
- Sprinkle with crumbled, cooked bacon as a garnish, if desired.
- Let set before serving.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- You may substitute your favorite type of ground sausage or finely chopped ham for the ground turkey sausage.
- I prefer to use 5 eggs with this recipe, to better balance the rest of the ingredients and keep it moist.
- Check the dish at 50 minutes – it may be ready to remove.
- The crumbled cooked bacon was not in the original recipe – I added it as a nice flavor enhancer.
Yield: 6 servings
Adapted From: http://www.allrecipes.com