Bobby Flay (Food Network) offers up this recipe for a new variation on a traditional tossed green salad. With a mix of salad greens, celery, and apples, you’ll guests will be “green” with envy!
1 small head escarole, torn into bite-sized pieces
1 Belgian endive, leaves separated
1 celery stalk, cut on the diagonal into thin slices
1 small Granny Smith apple, halved cored and thinly sliced
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon finely diced shallot
¼ cup olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano, for garnish
- Combine greens, celery, and apples in a large bowl.
- Whisk together both vinegars and the shallot.
- Slowly whisk in the oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad ingredients with some of the vinaigrette.
- Garnish with shaved Parmigiano.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- Consider adding glazed walnuts for an extra crunch!
Yield: 2 servings
Adapted From: foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay