This easy turkey recipe will result in a perfectly browned turkey that is juicy and tender!
1 (12 lb.) whole turkey
¾ cup olive oil
2 Tbsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. ground sage
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. black pepper
2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Clean turkey – discards giblets and organs) and place in a roasting pan with a lid.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic powder, dried basil, ground sage, salt and black pepper.
- Using a basting brush, apply the mixture to the outside of the uncooked turkey.
- Pour water into the bottom of the roasting pan, and cover.
- Bake for 3 to 3 ½ hours, or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the thigh measure 280 degrees F.
- Remove bird from oven, and allow to stand for about 30 minutes before carving.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- Tuck wings under.
- Optional: rub butter under the skin.
Yield: 16 servings