Here’s a new take on hot chocolate, sure to warm you up and satisfy your sweet tooth at the same time! The silky caramel and the bittersweet chocolate mix to create a delicious treat!
4 cups whole milk
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons instant coffee
6 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate (reserve some for drink garnish)
10 pieces Werther’s Original Baking Caramel, unwrapped
1/2 cup whipped cream
- Heat milk, sugar and coffee in a medium sauce pot over medium-high heat until boiling.
- Reduce heat to low and add caramel and most of the chocolate.
- Stir frequently until the caramel and chocolate have completely melted.
- Pour into mugs or cups and top with whipped cream and the remaining chocolate.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- Sprinkle the top with cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice for an additional layer of flavor!
- I froze the leftover hot chocolate, which made a nice frozen treat for later in the week.
Yield: 3 servings
Adapted From: allrecipes.com