This is a super easy dessert just perfect for a busy weeknight treat. You probably already have all the ingredients in your kitchen and pantry! These bananas are sweet and delightful, especially over ice cream.
4 large ripe but firm bananas (about ½ lb.), cut into thick slices
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
4 Tbsp unsalted butter
½ cup light brown sugar
Vanilla ice cream, optional
Toasted sliced almonds, optional
- In a large bowl, toss the bananas with lemon juice.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in brown sugar and cook until sugar has dissolved (about 1 minute).
- Add bananas to skillet and cook, basting and gently turning often with a large spoon, until bananas become softened around edges (about 3 minutes).
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Serve bananas, slightly cooled, on their own or with vanilla ice cream and almonds, if desired.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- Be very careful to watch the bananas closely, as they can easily burn if the heat is too high or if they are not turned often enough.
Yield: 4 servings
Adapted From: myrecipes.com (originally from All You, October, 2006).