This spicy and gluten-free cannellini beans recipe is not only healthy for you, but it’s also fast, easy and delicious!
2 cloves garlic
¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
1 plum tomato, chopped
2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
½ cup water
1 sprig rosemary
Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook 2 smashed garlic cloves and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes in olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, 1 minute.
- Add 1 chopped plum tomato and 1 sprig rosemary and cook 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cans drained, rinsed cannellini beans and cook, partially smashing the beans with a spoon, 5 minutes.
- Remove the rosemary.
- Stir in 1/2 cup water and some chopped parsley; season with salt.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese
- Broil until golden.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- Omit or decrease the red pepper flakes if they are too hot for your taste! Add some pepper to taste, if needed, if you omit the red pepper flakes.
- The next time I make this, I would use a bit less water (to make it less soupy) and double the amount of tomatoes (to add more color, texture and taste).
Yield: 4 servings
Adapted from: foodnetwork.com, Food Network Kitchens