2 Tbsp. olive oil or vegetable oil
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1″ cubes
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2″ cubes (about 4 cups)
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into medium size pieces
1 jar/can (26-28 oz.) pasta sauce
1 lb. fresh or frozen cut green beans
1 tsp. dried basil leaves, crushed
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a 12″ skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook chicken with garlic until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove chick and set aside.
- In same skillet, add potatoes and bell pepper. Cook over medium hear, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and cover – simmer, stirring occasionally, 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Return chicken to skillet and heat thru.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- This is very tasty as it is, but a little bit of chopped onion, scallions or shallots would add an extra layer of flavor.
Yield: 4 servings
Adapted From: “One Dish Recipes”