Here is a different way to make potatoes – spicy oven steak fries! Oven baking makes these healthier than deep-frying, and you can season them to your own taste.
2 large potatoes
2 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash® Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and cut potatoes into wedges, do not peel. Dry potato slices on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with Mrs. Dash® Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend, olive oil and garlic.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and lay wedges on baking sheet.
- Bake potatoes for 20 minutes. Turn the potatoes and back another 15 minutes or until potatoes are browned and tender.
Yield: 4 servings
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- use your favorite seasoning blend to make this recipe your own
Adapted From: “Great Tasting Potatoes.” 2010. Publications International, Ltd. (“Favorite Brand Name Recipes” series).