This zippy shrimp cocktail adds a little spice to the elegant appetizer.
½ cup Italian salad dressing
½ cup chopped tomatoes
1 can (4 oz.) chopped green onions (scallions)
1 ½ tsp. honey
¼ tsp. hot pepper sauce
2 tsp. finely chopped cilantro or parsley
- In a medium bowl, combine Italian dressing, tomatoes, chilies, green onions, honey and hot pepper sauce.
- Stir in shrimp.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator, stirring occasionally, for at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in the cilantro or parsley.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- I used cilantro (not parsley) for this recipe and it tasted great. Cilantro will add more spicy flavor than the more mild parsley.
- I marinated the shrimp for only a half hour – the flavor was very good, but the longer you marinate it, the more intense the flavor.
Yield: 6 appetizer servings
Adapted From: “The Appetizer Bible,” Publications International, Limited, 2006.