Try this refreshing recipe for warm grapefruit juice to take the chill off a brisk morning or help you relax after a long day.
Did you know that one grapefruit has 150% of your daily vitamin C needs? Also, when you heat a grapefruit, it activates the lycopene, which may result in positive health benefits!
2 cups ruby red grapefruit juice (squeezed from 2 grapefruits)
2 to 4 Tbsp. honey (depending on how sweet the honey is)
1 cinnamon stick
½ tsp. whole allspice berries or cloves
½ cup water
- In a medium saucepan, combine juice, honey, cinnamon stick, allspice or cloves, and ½ cup water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Strain and discard solids.
- Serve with a grapefruit segment or strip of zest.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- I prefer this tea with more honey that is listed in the recipe.
- Don’t throw away the juiced grapefruits – they are an excellent source of vitamin C!
Yield: 4 (8-ounce) servings.
Adapted From: http://www.wholeliving.com (published in Feb, 2008 issue of “Body+Soul” and featured on “The Martha Stewart Show”, January Winter 2008).