This cool steakhouse salad is a great addition to almost any grilled protein or vegetarian meal. It is colorful, tasty and so easy, that you’ll want to enjoy it all spring and summer long with crusty French bread!
3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 shallot, minced
2 teaspoons capers, rinsed and coarsely chopped
3 ripe beefsteak tomatoes
Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together red-wine vinegar and olive oil; stir in shallot and capers.
- Core tomatoes; cut each into 8 wedges and place in a serving bowl.
- Drizzle tomatoes with dressing, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- For an added crunch, toss in some sliced cucumber and/or sprouts.
- This salad will be most flavorful when tomatoes are in season.
Yield: 4 servings
Adapted From: http://www.marthastewart.com, originally in “Everyday Food,” July/August, 2005