Why order takeout pizza when you can make it just how you like it? This recipe has only a 10 minute prep time and a 10 minute cooking time, so you will have fresh, hot and tasty “pizza” in less time than it takes for delivery! These mini pizzas also make great appetizers.
1 cup pizza sauce
8 English muffins, split, toasted
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
Assorted toppings – 2/3 cup each:
- sliced mushrooms
- sliced ripe olives
- chopped bell pepper
- chopped red onion
- Heat oven to 425º F.
- Spread 1 tablespoon pizza sauce over each English muffin half.
- Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of the cheese.
- Arrange toppings on English muffins.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place muffins on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- The original recipe calls for provolone cheese, but I prefer the taste of mozzarella cheese. Use any cheese that you like and which melts well.
- Use any toppings which you like to make these your own!
- Consider using whole wheat English muffins for a healthier alternative.
Yield: 16 mini pizzas
Adapted From: http://www.bettycrocker.com and “The Betty Crocker Cookbook”, 1989