This recipe makes me think of Spring and Summer because it is refreshing and light. It can be served as a starter to the main meal, or as a meal in itself. Crisp mixed greens serve double duty as not only a great bed for this pasta but also as an unconstructed side salad!
8 ounces dry whole-grain elbow pasta
1 cup frozen green peas
5 ounces canned tuna, packed in water
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Cook pasta according to package directions and add frozen peas for the last 15 seconds of cooking; drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine pasta and peas in a large bowl with tuna, celery and balsamic vinaigrette.
- Season with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste; mix well to combine. Serve slightly chilled or at room temperature.
- Enjoy this salad as is or pile it over mixed greens.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- I used canned green peas for this recipe and it cooked up just fine.
Yield: 4 cups
Adapted From: http://www.foodnewtork.com, via Dana Angelo White