This ruby red drink is a delicious and easy recipe that combines pomegranate juice with tea, and can be enjoyed iced or hot.
3 cups water
3 Tbs. granulated sugar
1 family size tea bag or 4 regular-size tea bags
1 cup pomegranate juice
1/4 tsp. almond extract
Lemon wedges, optional
Raw sugar or brown sugar, optional
- In a medium saucepan bring water and sugar to boiling.
- Remove from heat.
- Add tea bag. Allow to stand, covered, for 30 minutes
- Remove tea bag.
- Add pomegranate juice and almond extract.
- Tea can be served hot or iced.
- Serve with lemon wedges; sweeten to taste with raw sugar or brown sugar.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- I found that this drink was a bit tart – I recommend increasing the sugar content or adding honey to sweeten it.
- For a flavor twist, substitute the almond extract with vanilla extract.
Yield: 4 (8-ounce) servings.
Adapted From: http://www.recipe.com