Tilapia is a mild, firm-fleshed white fish with low mercury levels. This baked tilapia is a quick recipe, just perfect for a weeknight meal.
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
pinch dried dill weed
4 tilapia fillets, about 4 ounces each
- In saucepan, combine butter, garlic, pepper, salt, dill weed, and paprika.
- Heat over low heat until butter is melted and starts simmering. Remove from heat.
- Brush a little of the butter mixture in the bottom of a shallow baking dish (line baking dish with foil, if desired) then place tilapia fillets on the buttered area.
- Brush top of each tilapia fillet with the seasoned butter mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes, until tilapia flakes easily with a fork.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- I also added lemon juice to this recipe, to brighten up the taste.
- If your tilapia fillets are a bit thick, then cook as long as is needed for them to flake easily with a fork.
Yield: 2-4 servings
Adapted From: http://www.southernfood.about.com