1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
1/2 cup milk
1 dash ground black pepper
4 medium potatoes, thinly sliced (about 1 1/4 lbs)
1 small onion, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
1 tsp. butter, cut into pieces
- Stir the soup, milk, and black pepper with a whisk or fork in a small bowl.
- Layer half of the potatoes, half of the onion, and half of the soup mixture in a 1 1/2-qt casserole.
- Repeat the layers.
- Place butter over the soup mixture.
- Sprinkle with the paprika.
- Cover and bake at 400 for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake for 15 minutes more or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- This dish had a bit too much onion for my taste – I would recommend either using less onion or substitute scallions or shallots for some of the onion.
- I also sprinkled some fresh, chopped rosemary on top for color and flavor.
- Let the finished dish sit for 10-15 minutes to give the potatoes and onions time to “set”
Yield: 6 servings
Adapted From: “Great Tasting Potatoes.” 2010. Publications International, Ltd. (“Favorite Brand Name Recipes” series).