If you like classic guacamole, but you are looking to change it up a bit, then try this variation with white beans.
Adding white beans to the dip gives it a pleasing texture and increases the number of servings at the same time.
2 ripe Hass avocados, pitted, peeled
1/2 cup drained canned white beans
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
Salt and ground black pepper
- Cut avocados into bite size pieces
- In a medium bowl, combine avocados, white beans and garlic.
- Mash with a fork until chunky.
- Fold in cilantro and lime juice.
- Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- You can make this dip as chunky as you like, depending on how well you mash it.
- I used cannellini beans for the white beans and it turned out great!
- I served this dip with cut veggies, but you can also serve it with crackers or pita bread.
Yield: 4 servings
Adapted From: http://www.foodnetwork.com (Recipe courtesy Robin Miller, Show: Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller, Episode: Going Global