You’ve probably tasted this dessert at some point. But, have you ever made it? Oh boy, I really love this easy dessert! My mom used to make this when I was a kid and the recipe has withstood the test of time. Great for family get togethers, pot luck dinners or a weeknight treat, this recipe is versatile and a hit every time!
This is a little bit of a lighter version, using fat-free milk and light whipped topping.
- Prepare pudding with milk as directed on package.
- Spoon 1/2 cup pudding in bottom of 2-qt. serving bowl.
- Top with 8 wafers, generous layer of sliced bananas and 1 cup pudding.
- Stand 12 wafers around outside edge of dish.
- Continue layering 12 wafers, sliced bananas, 1 cup pudding, 15 wafers, sliced bananas and remaining pudding. Cover.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight to soften cookies.
- To serve, spread whipped topping over pudding. Garnish with additional banana slices, if desired.
- Per the Kraftrecipes.com website: For individual servings, prepare pudding as directed. In each of 8 dessert dishes, stand 4 to 5 wafers around outside edge. Layer pudding with half the banana slices. Garnish with remaining bananas, whipped toping and remaining wafers.
- Consider using banana flavored pudding to add even more flavor.
Yield: 14 servings (about 2/3 cup each)
Adapted from: http://www.kraftrecipes.com