I am really learning to love salmon! This recipe adds some zip to your salmon, using a homemade BBQ sauce! It is so easy to make and a great way to work more fish into your weeknight dinners.
Did you know that salmon is one of the best foods to improve the look and health of your hair? The protein and iron are building blocks for long, healthy and shiny hair. In addition, the omega-3s found in salmon nourish hair follicles, helping hair grow healthy and preventing or slowing hair loss.
For the BBQ Sauce:
1/2 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. mustard
For the Salmon:
6 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the BBQ sauce:
- Whisk together all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Add to a saucepan, and cook over low heat for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the flavors have blended.
- Reserve and keep warm.
For the salmon:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and bake until thermometer reads 130 degrees F and salmon is opaque in the center, and flaky.
- Once cooked, remove and glaze with the warm BBQ sauce.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- Do not put the glaze on the salmon until after the salmon is cooked, because the sugar in the glaze will carmelize and burn in the oven.
- The original recipe called for grilling the salmon, but I chose to oven bake it. If you choose to grill it, first coat the grill plate with oil to avoid sticking. Then grill on one side for 7-8 minutes, then carefully flip the salmon and grill it on the other side for 5-6 minutes.
Yield: 6 fillets
Source: http://www.foodnetwork.com, Recipe courtesy Robert Irvine, Robert Irvine’s Eat!, Show: Restaurant: Impossible, Episode: Secret Garden