I can hear you whining – stop it! You just THINK that you don’t like Brussel sprouts. When is the last time that you actually tried them? The roasting process brings out the sweetness in this often overlooked vegetable. Together with the added honey, these sprouts will make you forget why you thought you didn’t like them. Yes, really.
1 1/2 pounds fresh, halved Brussels sprouts
1/4 cup olive oil
white wine vinegar
a pinch each of red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil and a pinch each of red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Roast cut-side down on a baking sheet at 450 until caramelized, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with white wine vinegar and honey.
- Serve warm.
Food Mingle Blog Substitutions and Alternatives:
- For added flavor, consider adding crumbled bacon, pancetta or ham.
- For an Asian twist, drizzle with soy sauce and vinegar instead of honey and vinegar.
Yield: 4 servings
Adapted from: foodnetwork.com