The orange and ginger in this tilapia recipe really enhance the sesame flavor! This is would be great served with rice with broccoli and/or a fresh tossed salad.
Sesame oil is an edible vegetable oil derived from sesame seeds. It has a nutty taste and is used for stir frying or dressing and sauces. To find out more about sesame oils and other oils, see my earlier post about Cooking with the “Right Oils”.
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sesame oil
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
6 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia fillets
- Stir the orange juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, garlic, and ginger in a 9×13 inch baking dish until combined.
- Add the tilapia fillets, turning once to evenly coat.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Remove the plastic wrap, and bake in the preheated oven until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 9 to 11 minutes.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- You can substitute your favorite white fish for the tilapia, if desired.
Yield: 6 fillets