This refreshing strawberry cooler is such an easy way to feel like you are on vacation while still in your own backyard!
A Lassi is a popular, traditional, yogurt-based drink, originating in India. A Traditional Lassi (also known as a “salted lassi”) is a savory drink, sometimes flavored with cumin. However, a Sweet Lassi, like this one, is made with sugar and/or fruits, instead of spices.
I hope that enjoy this wonderful beverage from our friends in India!
1/2 cup Greek-style, plain yogurt
2 Tbsp. sugar, or to taste
1/4 cup to 1/2 cup water
2 cups strawberries, fresh or frozen and thawed
2 to 3 leaves fresh basil, plus more for garnish
Generous pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Blend all of the ingredients together in blender.
- Pour into serving glasses
- Garnish with small basil leaves.
- Serve cold.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- I used 1/4 cup water, but I think that going with the 1/2 cup of water would have been better because the cooler was a bit thick for my taste. The additional water would have thinned it out a bit (and made more to enjoy!).
- Mangoes also make a great lassi.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: http://www.foodnetwork.com, Recipe courtesy Aarti Sequeira, 2010, SHOW: Aarti Party, EPISODE:A Rose by Any Other Name