Soon it will be time to be overwhelmed by the zucchini in your garden! You’ll have fried it, stuffed it, grilled it, shredded it and broiled it. How about baking it into a crispy snack? Try this Baked Zucchini Parmesan Crisp recipe to change things up a bit.
2 medium zucchini (about 1 lb. total)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
1/8 tsp. salt
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch thick rounds.
- In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the oil.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, salt, and a few turns of pepper.
- Dip each zucchini round into the Parmesan mixture, coating it evenly on both sides, pressing the coating on to stick, and place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the zucchini rounds until browned and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove with spatula.
- Serve immediately.
- Rather than using cooking spray, I used non-stick aluminum foil – my new best friend!
- I drizzled just a bit of lemon on the zucchini rounds after I took them out of the oven.
- Next time, I will slice the zucchini a bit thinner because they weren’t quite as crispy as I would have liked and leaving them in the oven longer would have charred them.