This super easy pasta and seafood dish looks and tastes so elegant that your family and guests will think you cooked all day to prepare it! Lighter than an alfredo sauce, the butter and olive oil are a welcome change to top off this dish. A great, light meal for any weeknight or a special weekend celebration.
8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
2 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
10 ounce medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
3/8 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
6 ounces fresh baby spinach
1 1/4 ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Melt butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute.
- Remove garlic from pan with a slotted spoon; place in a small bowl.
- Increase heat to medium-high.
- Add shrimp, salt, and pepper to pan; cook 4 minutes or until shrimp are done, stirring occasionally.
- Add pasta, spinach, and garlic to pan; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts, tossing to coat.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve hot.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- I used grated Parmesan cheese, rather than shaved, because that is what I had on hand.
- I also added 1/2 tsp of fresh lemon juice to brighten it up.
- Rather than baby spinach, I used full-grown spinach – it wilts down so much, that it didn’t make a difference.
Yield: 4 servings (about 1 2/3 cups each)