I had a bunch of cucumbers on hand, so I searched for some recipes to use them. When I first came across this recipe for a Cucumber and Apple Salad, I thought that the combination was a bit strange. But after thinking about it, I realized that it was the raspberry vinaigrette that pulled it all together. Give this a try when you want something a little different as a side salad with your next meal.
1 1/2 cups diced apple
1 cup cucumber slices
1/3 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- Mix diced apple and cucumber slices together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over the mixture and toss to coat
Food Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- I prefer a more uniform look, so I suggest either slicing both the apples and cucumbers or dicing them both.
- For a nice presentation, I skin the cucumbers, but leave thin strips of skin on, to create a “striped” look to the slices.
- Feel free to toss in diced celery and/or onions for even more texture and flavor!
Yield: 4 servings