How about making breakfast for dinner? It’s a nice change of pace for you and your family. With this recipe, we bring fried eggs into the spotlight! Whether you like them sunny side up over easy, this Italian Fried Egg Sandwich will please even the pickiest egg eater!
2 tsp. olive oil
1 large egg
Salt and Pepper
1 slice rustic white bread
1 garlic clove
1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup warm tomato sauce
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a heavy small skillet over medium heat.
- Crack the egg into the skillet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook until the white is firm and the yolk is almost set, about 4 minutes.
- Season with salt.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread until golden brown.
- Rub the garlic over the toast.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Spoon the drained tomato sauce over the Parmesan.
- Top with the egg.
- Place the open-faced sandwich on a plate and serve.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions
- Use your favorite type of bread, with butter, if desired.
Yield: 1 sandwich