Juicy watermelon is one of my favorite summertime treats. That’s why I was so excited to find this recipe…I can have my watermelon AND use up those cucumbers which seem to multiply in the refrigerator.
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
4 cups diced watermelon
1 cucumber, seeded and sliced
handful mint, thinly sliced
chopped cashews (to taste)
1/4 cup olive oil
juice of 1/2 lemon
salt, to taste
goat cheese, crumbled (to garnish)
- Soak red onion in cold water.
- Pat dry diced watermelon and sliced cucumber; toss with mint.
- Drain the onion, squeeze dry and add to the salad along with some chopped cashews.
- Add olive oil and the lemon juice
- Season with salt and toss.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese.
Food Mingle Alternatives and Substitutions:
- If red onions are too strong for you, consider using shallots – they are more mild
- English cucumbers are seedless – a great choice for this recipe.
Yield: 4 servings