This quick and easy pasta and spinach dish is perfect for a mid-week dinner with friends or on your own. The lemon juice and fresh mint gives it a light taste, while the feta adds a creamy texture.
1/2 pound orzo pasta (dry)
1 pound spinach, washed, chopped, and trimmed
1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1 to 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp. olive oil
salt and ground pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook orzo according to package instructions.
- Stir in spinach until wilted. Drain.
- In a large bowl, toss hot spinach and pasta with mint, crumbled feta cheese, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Season with salt and ground pepper.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- Although this was quite tasty as is, next time, I will add some toasted pine nuts to give this dish a little but more texture.
- Substitute your favorite small pasta if you don’t have orzo on hand. Some good choices are elbows and small shells.
Yield: 4 servings