Ok you carnivores our there – this one is for you! Enjoy this pan-fried strip steak with your favorite dinner salad and a side dish such as potatoes or rice. Isn’t your mouth watering already?
2 strip steaks (about 1 inch thick)
freshly ground black pepper
1 to 2 tsp. unsalted butter
- Bring the steaks to room temperature.
- Heat a 10- or 12-inch cast-iron skillet over high heat.
- Season the steaks liberally with salt and pepper.
- Seconds before adding a steak, drop 1/2 teaspoon of the butter into the pan and immediately top with the steak.
- Repeat with the remaining steak.
- Sear for 3 minutes without moving the steak (to form a crust).
- Turn and cook for 2 minutes for rare or 3 to 4 for medium rare.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and let them rest on a board or platter for a few minutes before serving.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- substitute your favorite type of steak
- add some mushrooms and/or onions for a tasty twist
- be sure to let the steaks rest before serving, so that the juices re-distribute.
Yield: 2 servings