Interesting story…they are rearranging the aisles in my favorite grocery store, which of course means that I know where almost nothing is located. This frustrates me. However, as a result of the reorganization, I found my self in grocery aisles which I normally wouldn’t visit.
For example, I came upon the Guava Nectar used in this recipe and couldn’t resist buying it at the clearance price. Buying it was the easy part. Finding a recipe I liked that used it, was not so easy. That’s where this Guava and Orange Cooler comes in to play. The recipe I found was originally named Fruit Punch, which threw me off a bit, because the name didn’t even mention guava! After making it, and adding more water, I decided to rename it as a cooler and use the guava and orange descriptors in the name. Give it a try and tell me what you think.
Oh, and by the way, I also picked up some Passion Fruit Nectar and Peach Nectar, which were also on clearance. Stay tuned for recipes incorporating those ingredients as well – you’ve been warned!
6 oz frozen orange juice concentrate, reconstituted to make 3 cups
12 oz. guava nectar
6 orange slices
- Place glasses in refrigerator to chill.
- In a pitcher or jug, stir orange juice and guava nectar together.
- Add lots of ice cubes and stir well to chill.
- Pour into individual glasses.
- Garnish each glass with slice of orange attached to rim.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- I really liked the taste of this punch, but it was a bit thick for my taste, so I added more water to thin it out – that did the trick!
- I think that you can use any mix of your favorite citrus juices for this recipe.
- A splash of lemon or lime juice (or garnish) would also give this a kick.
Yield: 6 servings