This simple yet tasty ravioli dish is a nice change of pace from the traditional red sauce version. Use pre-made ravioli (fresh or frozen) to make this quick weeknight dinner for your family.
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
18 ounces fresh or frozen beef ravioli
3 Tbsp. minced fresh chives or green onion
3 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- In small saucepan, heat oil over low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add red pepper, and cook 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook ravioli until it floats to the top, about 6 minutes for fresh. (For frozen, cook for 6 minutes after the pasta floats to the surface.)
- Drain, and return to the warm pot.
- Gently toss ravioli with flavored oil, chives, parsley, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- This recipe originally called for any flavor/type of ravioli (spinach, cheese, beef, etc.). However, I like to use beef-filled ravioli because it makes for a heartier main dish.
- Add some grated cheese just before serving, especially if the ravioli is not cheese filled.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: http://www.marthastewart.com – Everyday Food, January/February 2003