Just in time for the holidays, here is a fun and easy beverage for you and your guests to enjoy. Featuring cranberry juice, cloves and cinnamon, this mocktail is even perfect for your children. Just add your favorite liquor to transform it into a hot, adult beverage.
1 quart cranberry juice
1 cinnamon stick
2 whole cloves
1/2 cup cranberries
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp. water
4 swizel sticks or toothpicks (for optional garnish)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the juice, cinnamon stick, and cloves and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, ground cinnamon, and two tablespoons of water and heat over medium-low heat, gently stirring, until the cranberries pop and are well coated with the sugar mixture.
- When cool enough to handle, thread 3 to 4 berries each on 4 decorative toothpicks or skewers.
- Pour the mulled cranberry juice among 4 mugs and garnish with the cranberry swizzle.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- This can be served as a dessert of a hot beverage.
- Consider adding your favorite liquor to make this an adult beverage.
- Consider replacing some of the cranberry juice with pomegranate juice and/or orange juice, to change up the flavor.
Yield: 1 quart