No more frozen garlic bread; back away from the freezer! This quick and easy recipe will be your new “go to” garlic bread recipe. For so little work, you will get a fresh and delicious toasted garlic bread. The secret is the fresh parsley combined with the grated cheese.
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 loaf crusty bread, split
3 Tbsp. grated cheese, Parmigiano or Romano, optional
Chopped fresh parsley
- Combine garlic, butter, and oil in a microwave safe dish or in a small saucepan.
- Heat garlic and butter and oil in microwave for 1 minute or in a small pot over moderate-low heat for 3 minutes.
- Toast split bread under broiler.
- Remove bread when it is toasted golden brown in color.
- Brush bread liberally with garlic oil.
- Sprinkle with cheese, if using, and parsley.
- If you added cheese, return to broiler and brown 30 seconds.
- Cut into chunks and serve.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- I recommend using the cheese, which is listed as optional in this recipe. I used a combination of Parmigiano and Romano grated cheese, but you could substitute your favorite shredded cheese instead.
- The chopped, fresh parsley really makes this recipe great! Don’t be tempted to use dried parsley.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: http://www.foodnetwork.com, courtesy: Rachel Ray