There’s nothing better to soothe a scratchy throat than a hot cup of tea. This Ginger Honey Tea will take away that winter chill and coat your throat with a warm layer of honey. The ginger wakes up your senses and the lemon adds flavor. Try this the next time you feel a bit under the weather, or when you just want a tasty hot tea.
1″ piece ginger root, peeled
1 large strip lemon rind
6 cups water
1/3 cup honey
1 lemon, juiced
4 camomile or other tea bags
- Slice the ginger into coin-sized pieces.
- Heat the ginger, lemon rind, water and honey to a boil in small pot.
- Add lemon juice to hot water and transfer to a tea-pot.
- Add tea bags to pot and steep.
- Remove bags and serve tea hot.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- Ginger is an acquired taste, so if you haven’t had it before, then start slow with ginger root and increase it as you get a taste for ginger.
- You can refrigerate any leftover tea and warm it up as needed.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: www.foodnetwork.com, courtesy: Rachel Ray Show, show: 30 Minute Meals, episode: Sick DayFollow @foodmingleblog