I made these roll-ups for a work holiday luncheon. There weren’t any leftover, so I think I can safely assume that everyone liked them. I cut them into smaller pieces that the recipe calls for, so that they would be appetizer size. You can also serve them as larger size sandwiches.
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup mayonnaise
8 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
2 (8″) flour tortillas
1/2 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- Mix cream cheese and mayonnaise in medium bowl.
- Add bacon and tomatoes; mix well.
- Spread mixture onto tortillas; top with lettuce
- Roll up tightly.
- Cut each into 7″ diagonal slices.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- cut into smaller sections for appetizer servings
- let the cream cheese soften before mixing it with the mayo
- I used a wheat tortilla, but you can also use your favorite flavored tortilla (spinach, etc.)
- I added the shredded lettuce right into the may mixture instead of layering it on top
- At first, I put far too much of the mixture onto the tortilla – so much so that the tortilla tore when I tried to roll it – see below
- Instead, use a thin layer of the mixture and be sure to roll the tortilla tightly
- I found that the tortilla also started to tear when I attempted to cut it into pieces, so I let the rolled tortillas sit in the refrigerator for while, to “tighten up” – they were much easier to cut after that
Yield: 14 servings (7″ each) or more depending on size of cut pieces