A coworker brought a pepperoni bread to our office holiday pot luck party. Everyone liked it so much that I found a similar recipe and tried it. This bread is a great crowd-pleaser and so quick and easy to make. Reminiscent of pizza, it is a comfort food that satisfies.
1 (1 pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
1 egg, beaten
4 ounces sliced pepperoni sausage
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Roll frozen bread dough out into a rectangle.
- Brush dough with beaten egg.
- Arrange pepperoni, mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese over the dough.
- Sprinkle on the Italian seasoning.
- Roll up dough like a jelly roll and pinch seam to seal; place, seam side down, on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until golden.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- I used fresh Pillsbury thin crust pizza dough (in the fresh dairy case with the refrigerated rolls) and it worked out great.
Yield: 1 loaf