Our recent Food Mingle Blog Poll asked about your favorite Superbowl party snack food. With a whopping 40% of the votes, THE WINNER IS: Onion Dip with Veggies!
Admittedly, I am quite surprised with the results. Buffalo Chicken Wings (my personal choice) were the early front-runner, but then Onion Dip took the lead and continued to gain yardage until the clock ran out. And, there’s no overtime for this poll…
Thanks to everyone who voted. You can see the final poll results here. If you aren’t happy with the winning snack, then perhaps you should have voted (or told your friends to vote). 🙂 You”ll have an opportunity to vote in more Food Mingle Blog Polls in the future.
As promised, here is the recipe for the winning Superbowl party snack, from Alton Brown of The Food Network:
2 Tbsp. s olive oil
1 1/2 cups diced onions
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1 1/2 cups sour cream
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. ground white pepper
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
Cut veggies and/or crackers (for dipping)
- In a sauté pan over medium heat add oil.
- Heat, then add onions and salt.
- Cook the onions until they are caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients, and then add the cooled onions.
- Refrigerate and stir again before serving with cut veggies and/or crackers.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- the yield on this recipe is listed “1 batch” which I though was quite odd. It came out to about 2 1/2 cups of dip.
- I didn’t have white pepper, so I used black pepper – the white pepper would have looked nicer.
Yield: 1 batch
Source: http://www.foodnetwork.com, recipe courtesy of Alton Brown, Show: Good Eats, Episode:Dip Madness