I love it when hot, melting cheese oozes out of my food. This Spinach and Artichoke bread has both shredded mozzarella cheese and shredded Parmesan cheese – a perfect combination of cheese to ooze out of the dough. Reminiscent of spinach or artichoke dip, this recipe also provides the bread – with no need to dip!
- 1 can (11 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated thin pizza crust
- 1 container (5.2 oz) Boursin cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1 box (9 oz) Green Giant™ frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
- 2 jars (6 oz each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
- 3 medium green onions, chopped (3 tablespoons)
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll dough on cookie sheet.
Spread Boursin cheese evenly over dough.
Top with spinach, artichoke hearts, onions, lemon peel, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Roll up dough, using parchment paper to help roll; press seam to seal.
Place bread seam side down on paper-lined cookie sheet.
Brush with oil.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
Cut into slices. Serve warm.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- you can add sausage for the carnivores in your family
Yield: 6 servings