It’s time for pizza! I really like using prepared, refrigerated pizza crust. I know that it’s not exactly the same as making the pizza dough myself, but it sure is an easy shortcut, and it still tastes good! For this recipe, you can use store-bought basil pesto, or click here to get my recipe.
1 can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated classic pizza crust
2 tsp. olive oil
1/2 cup basil pesto
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken
1/2 small red bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces (1/2 cup)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Unroll dough on cookie sheet; starting at center, press out dough into 14″ x 12″ rectangle.
- Brush dough with olive oil; bake 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread basil pesto over crust; top with remaining ingredients except parsley.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes longer or until crust is deep golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- To serve, cut pizza into 4 rows by 4 rows, making 16 pieces.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- I added mushrooms because, well, I like mushrooms.
- Click on the link for the Basil Pesto to get my recipe.
Yield: 16 pieces