How about flatbread for a fun alternative to dinner rolls or bread sticks? it’s easy to make your own, especially if you use pre-made, refrigerated pizza dough. I like this recipe because it combines dough with tomato and garlic, like a deconstructed pizza.
1 can (13.8 0z.) Pillsbury refrigerated classic pizza crust
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. dried rosemary leaves, crushed
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1/8 tsp. salt
1 small tomato
1 oz. shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll dough onto cookie sheet, pressing to the edges.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, basil, rosemary and garlic and mix well.
- Brush herb mixture over dough, sprinkle with salt.
- Chop tomato and place in shallow bowl. With the back of a spoon, crush tomato and spread it over the dough.
- Bake for 5-9 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 2-3 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cut and serve immediately.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- I used extra garlic to amp up the flavor of this flatbread.
Yield: 6 servings