It’s just about that time when we have all had enough of winter. It’s mid-February and we just can’t wait for the cold to subside. While we are waiting, how about a nice big cup of Mexican hot chocolate? It might be just the thing to help us get through these blustery nights.
6 (12-ounce) cans evaporated milk
4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
Pinch cayenne pepper
2 (12-ounce) bags semisweet chocolate chips
Cocoa powder, for serving
- In a large pot over medium heat, whisk together milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and nutmeg.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until chocolate is melted.
- Cover and turn heat to low for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot, with a dusting of cocoa powder.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- This hot chocolate was quite decadent, and a bit too thick for me. Next time, I would substitute 2% milk for some of the evaporated milk.
Yield: 8 servings
Source: http://www.foodnetwork.com, courtesy: Sandra Lee, Show: Semi-homemade cooking, Episode: Crossword Puzzle