Couscous? Yes, yes! Couscous is a coarsely ground semolina grain, popular in many North African countries. Try it in this dish, paired with mint and scallions – you’ll like it!
1 cup couscous
coarse salt and ground pepper
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup torn mint leaves
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Stir in couscous; season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and, off heat, let steam in the pan, 5 minutes.
- Add scallions, mint, oil, and lime juice; fluff couscous with a fork.
- Serve hot.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- For a stronger taste, substitute onions for the scallions.
Yield: 4 servings